We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

Hello,

Our hotel booked us 12.25 for the first castle (pick up at 10:55). They didn't tell me what time the second tour starts. Is it normally two hours after the first tour?

I'm wondering if we should walk between the two castle of take the shuttle van. I want to make sure we don't miss the second tour.

We probably don't have time to grab quick lunch in between. Do you have recommendation for a quick lunch?

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
951 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

also interested in these questions. are you planning on walking between the two castles? which castle are you doing first? my understanding is that each tour is 30-40 min

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

Hi, my hotel said the second tour will be 2.55 pm for Hohenschwangau. The first tour is for N Castle, which is the reverse of what i heard in TA, usually people tour N Castle first. That being said, we plan to take shuttle bus to N Castle and walk down to H Castle. If the line for bus is too long, we will walk.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
951 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

"The first tour is for N Castle, which is the reverse of what i heard in TA, usually people tour N Castle first. "

did you mean people usually tour Hohen first, and then Neu?

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

Yes, that was i read in the forum if you plan to visit both castles, you pick the time to visit H castle then they will give you about 2 hours window before the N castle tour starts. I was a little confused when my hotel said visit N castle first. We will find out when we check in.

Reply to: How much time between Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Schwangau
More Schwangau Topics