We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Staying at Federal Beach Resort

We are staying at Federal next month and are worried about the poor reviews it has had, does anyone have a good report about it?

9 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,126 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi

Do you mean Federal Villas? One of the regulars who comes on this forum has stayed there a few times and really likes it.

Hopefully she will see your post and perhaps reassure you.

Lesley - (also from Leeds)

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hiya. we are 10x visitors to Holiday Villa and the Federal Villa shares the facilities. Can't fault the pool, beach location, spa, beachbar and proximity to great restaurants to suit all budgets. We have often befriended guests staying in the FV and they have unanimously been very happy with the rooms. Basic, clean, functional and great value. If you want luxury or boutique style then it's not for you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi Anne, sorry to butt in on your conversation, I will also stay at the Federal Villas and I have read in some of the comments that most of the facilities needs to be paid for. Is this correct?

Of course I understand that if you want to have some treatments at the spa they are extra.... that is normal!

But do you also have to pay to use facilities such as the gym or the sauna?

Thanks!!!!

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi there - I'm really sorry but not being a gym person I have never had to ask that question!. I have used the sauna but only as part of a Spa treatment. I'm sure if you email the hotel and ask they will answer this for you or someone else might pick up on this and advise.

It's true that you need to provide your own tea/coffee/water etc after the first day but this is so cheap from the supermarket over the road it's not an issue for us. There is a kettle and mugs in every room and a proper fridge you can store bits and pieces in. Also, you only get minimal toiletries on arrival but again, I prefer to use my own lotions and washing stuff so this doesn't bother me.

Beach/Pool towels are all free.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi there - we stayed at this hotel last year and no you don't have to pay to use the gym. Its not a very sophisticated gym - but it is free!

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi,

its rohan here, wanted to know how this federal beach resort is?

how far is pantai cenang beach from hotel?

how far is ferry terminal and airport?

how is thse spa's over there?

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi I've stayed at Federal Villa beach Resort 3 times and have never had a problem. We spend very little time in our room - so many things to do outside! The beach and the pool are great and there are so many restaurants and bars within walking distance. You'll have a great time!

Launceston...
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi. I just booked to stay there next year. Are there many bars and nightlife in the area?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,126 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Federal Beach Resort

Hi

Yes, lots of bars and restaurants in the area of Federal Villas.

Lesley

Reply to: Staying at Federal Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Tengah
More Pantai Tengah Topics