We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest petrol station

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest petrol station

Hi everyone

I hired a car and picked it up at the airport but as I got to my accommodation (NR Motel) at the end of Tengah the petrol light started flashing. Can anyone tell me the nearest station is as Google is telling me 12 miles away and I have no idea if it will make it that far.

Thanks all

Jane

2 replies to this topic
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest petrol station

Why don't you ask the staff where you are staying? You'll get a much faster and more accurate answer than posting on here.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest petrol station

Hi Jane,

Hope you are able to find the nearest petrol kiosk- I reckon the closest one to your motel is the one close at airport in Ulu Melaka.

If you are reading this and have not filled up- my advice:

(i). sometimes what is known as vapour lock- it can show that it is empty;

so at petrol kiosk, release cap,and leave open for few seconds to release vapour (not sure what car model you had rented)- then just pump for RM5.00;

then ignite and pump gas (i.e. press on gas pedal),see if fuel gauge moves-if it moves- ok, your fuel pump and fuel gauge are functioning properly.

If Google map is indicating 12 miles,that is about 20kms, and if fuel indicator just started showing up/blinking,and not when you drove from airport to Pantai Tengah, then you are still alright-there is reserve tank.

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
Pantai Tengah
Pantai Tengah
Langkawi, Malaysia
Reply to: Nearest petrol station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Tengah
More Pantai Tengah Topics