We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exuma weather in August??

Ottawa
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Exuma weather in August??

We are planning a trip to Exuma August 2017 and wondering what the weather is usually like? I know hurricane season begins in June and ends in November and I am wondering if it would be better to go in early August and not the end of August, since in past it seems like hurricanes really seem to start by September.

Any input would be great and yes I understand that no one can predict the weather but if anyone has travelled there in summer I would appreciate their input. Also planning on staying at Sandals.

12 replies to this topic
CANADA
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Exuma weather in August??

We were there this year for the third week of August and the weather and water were amazing. We were a little worried it was going to be "too hot", but with the wind and by the water it was perfect. Just make sure you have air conditioning in bedrooms for nighttime, as temperature stays in the mid to high 20s overnight.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exuma weather in August??

Hi Bianka,

i had a wonderful time I went a little earlier 10th July _ 27th July, there where a couple of days of heavy passing showers but seemed to be localised , could be lashing rain in GT but beautiful on Little Exuma, I also went back Sept 1st for another 2 weeks and that trip Hurricane Irma came a calling , I would go back in Sept , the first week the weather was superb really nice ! The storm messed things up no power for 3 days and dodgy weather for 4 days after, but it was interesting !! Next summer i am returning to my usual dates 25 July to as long as i can wing it 😉

Reply to: Exuma weather in August??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town