We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay vs Golf - Kapalua Villas...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
329 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Bay vs Golf - Kapalua Villas...

I have done a lot of research on the area. I have also found a property manager I feel comfortable with. I am trying to decide between a unit at the Golf versus the Bay Villas. The unit at the Golf Villas is totally remodeled and is on the "terrace level". So that would mean someone above and below. But the lanai is enclosed which makes me feel more comfortable with a small child. The lanai is also partially covered....this unit is $159 a night...

The unit at the Bay Villas is ocean view..not ocean front. It is a 2 story end unit (1 bedroom). The lanai on the ground level is not enclosed... and there is a small lanai off the second floor. This unit is $199 a night. We are only staying 4 nights...so we are looking at about a $200 difference for the 4 nights...

One thing I talked to the property manager about was the wind in the area. She did inform me that I would experience more wind down at the Bay villas...and she said the golf villas faced a different angle and would probably experience less wind, which might make it more comfortable to sit out at night...

For her it didn't matter which unit we picked... I put a hold on the golf villa but I keep looking at the pictures of the Bay villa and wonder if I should change?!?.

We are staying down at the Hyatt for 4 nights before we go to Kapalua, so we have no problem being away from the beach in the golf villas. We do have an ocean view in the gold villas...just from much further away.

Is anyone familar with these 2 story 1 bedroom units at Bay Villas....

Will I be mad at myself once I get there and ask myself why I didn't book the Bay? I have found that most of the best units are already booked since it is only 40 days away... I am wondering if there is a reason this Bay Villa is still open and I am just missing the reason why? It is 17G5 on the second row...and the kitchen has not been updated...

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bay vs Golf - Kapalua Villas...

I was wondering what decision you came to and how your experience was?

I'm asking myself the same question for a trip next year to Kapalua. Also, which property manager did you " feel comfortable with"?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bay vs Golf - Kapalua Villas...

Its worth paying more for a Ridge or a Bay over a Golf Villa

3. Re: Bay vs Golf - Kapalua Villas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Kapalua