We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honlua Store Update

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honlua Store Update

We just returned from our visit to Maui and I wanted to report back on changes at the Honolua store. Many had been concerned about the purchase by ABC Stores. For the most part, the store has remained unchanged, with the same hot food and deli in the back and the coffee bar in the middle. The selection of "gourmet" items in the middle section seemed the same. What I did notice was the addition of many display stands for the ABC "staples", such as chocolate covered mac nuts and Kona blend coffees. The store definitely feels more crowded than in the past, but it has definitely not been converted to "just another ABC store".

All in all, much more has stayed the same, rather than changing, and I think people will still be happy to visit the Honolua Store, as they have in the past.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Honolua Store
Honolua Store
678 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Merriman's
$$$$, Seafood, International, American
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
$$ - $$$, Japanese, Seafood, Sushi
Plantation House Restaurant
$$$$, Grill, Hawaiian, Seafood
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,931 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honlua Store Update

Good to hear grandeau...thanks for the update!

United States
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honlua Store Update

Yay! Thanks for the report. =)

California
Level Contributor
7,365 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honlua Store Update

I think they knew that by changing anything they would have caused a huge uproar. Happy to hear the update.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honlua Store Update

We visited the Honolua store last May and knew it had been updated, but didn't realize it was bought by ABC...I don't know if that is a testament but our impression was that it was updated with more product available. We certainly enjoyed our to-go sandwiches and deli foods.

Mentioned in this post
Honolua Store
Honolua Store
678 Reviews
Maui, HI
Lion's Head, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honlua Store Update

Great! So I can still get Loco Moco for breakfast there!

I first tried it at the Honolua Store, and while it was different than my usual breakfast fare, it was still good.

It may be a while before Loco Moco catches on in the mainland, but it's another one of those 'different' things that makes Hawaii so special!

Mentioned in this post
Honolua Store
Honolua Store
678 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
6. Re: Honlua Store Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Kapalua