We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary from Kilkenney to Kinsale

Downington
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary from Kilkenney to Kinsale

Traveling with 2 teens and Looking for advise on our itinerary for our drive from Kilkenney to Kinsale:

We start our day having breakfast in Kilkenney and our plan is to stop at:

- Rock of Cashel (how long should we allow for this?)

-Blarney Castle/Stone? - we are thinking of bypassing this so we can stop in Cobh before ending in Kinsale by mid afternoon

- Have lunch in Cobh and walk around waterfront. maybe boat ride to Spike Island but doubt we would have time; how long would the Titanic exhibit take?

- Arrive in Kinsale by afternoon. Fort Charles, Scilly walk, any other

any other recommendations? Any recommended restaurants?

2 replies to this topic
Missouri
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary from Kilkenney to Kinsale

Lori W, Cobh is a lovely little town with lots of places to eat. I had a couple of meals at The Commodore Hotel dining room and they were very good, it’s right on the waterfront. There is also a walking tour that leaves from The Commodore and it’s very good, about an hour long as I remember. In my opinion, The Heritage Museum, at the far end of the street where the train station was is the best museum. The Annie Moore statue is there also.

Missouri
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary from Kilkenney to Kinsale

Lori W, I forgot to add that you can also take the ferry to save yourself some time on your drive to Kinsale!

Reply to: Itinerary from Kilkenney to Kinsale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted