We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

McHenry, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
43 reviews
Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

There are going to be 4 of us arriving on the Regal Princess in Cobh on Friday Sept 14, 2018, and would like to go to Kinsale. What mode of transportation would you recommend and the Approx Cost.

5 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

There are only three feasible options

- use an organized tour

- take a taxi

- hire a car

It’s just not practical by public transport as it requires a train followed by a bus and takes around 2 hours.

Hiring a car is likely to be the cheapest option.

Kinsale
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

A taxi is the best option, 120 to 150.

It is about half the price of a coach tour and car hire is impractical for a short time.

McHenry, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

120 - 150 Euro? is that round trip ? I was also Thinking Cobh to Kinsale, Kinsale to Cork, and Finally Cork back to the ship. Would I be best asking a Taxi driver to do all that or is it too much for 1 Day.? we arrive in Cobh @ 7:00 and Leave 10:00pm.

Kinsale
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

Round trip

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,484 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale

You could just cut Kinsale and spend some time in Cobh as well as taking a train into Cork. While I encourage anyone to find out for themselves if they like a place, and I admit to not being a massive fan of Kinsale, I don't think it's worth paying more than about €20 each for a visit of a couple of hours.

Reply to: Cobh Cruise Port to Kinsale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale