We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

We will be staying in Kinsale starting Good Friday, April 2nd through Easter Sunday, April 4th. I very much want to visit the Fort and my husband wants to visit the Brewery - does anyone know if these are closed during either Good Friday and/or Easter?

Also - I know pubs are closed on Good Friday but is anything else closed that day (i.e. restaurants, markets, etc.)?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,408 posts
1. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

According to this web site, Charles Fort doesn't open for the season till Mid-April:

http://www.cork-guide.ie/charles.htm

As regards Kinsale Brewery, a quick email to info@kinsalebrewing.com should take care of your question.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
2. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

Good Friday is a 'dry' in Ireland. Pubs, licensed restaurants, off licences etc are all closed, as are attractions related to alcohol (in Dublin the Guinness Storehouse and the Old Jameson Distillery are both closed on Good Friday). You can always e-mail the brewery about Good Friday but you might be out of luck.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

Hmm....I thought Charles Fort was opened all year round:

heritageireland.ie/en/South-West/CharlesFort/

I really am hoping it is indeed open when we go as I am a huge history buff. I will send an email to the Brewery to see if they are open during that time.

Edited: 25 March 2010, 16:48
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
4. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

Heritage Ireland (a State owned organisation) are the custodians of the Charles Fort so we would trust their information on this one.

Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

Kinsale Brewery is gone and has been for the last few years. Ring the Kinsale Tourist Office and they'll tell you if Charlesfort is open or not but I expect it will be.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 03:56
Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

Charlesfort is open at the moment so I presume will remain open over Easter, Enjoy!

7. Re: Charles Fort and Kinsale Brewery - Open Good Friday/Easter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale