We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

I have to book a twin room in Ireland for following dates:

DUBLIN 18-21 December (3 nights)

KINSALE 21-24 December (3 nights)

We are looking for central, clean, safe, and economical--who isn't? We are not looking for the hostel-type stuff, but we cannot afford 200 euro nightly either.

If you know of any quaint places that you have enjoyed, I would love to know about them. The ones that people often refer to as "gems" are perfect. We will not have a car and we are not heavy partiers.

I found one in Dublin online the other night and the computer crashed and now I cannot relocated. Grrrrr.

dublin
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

Hello.

In Kinsale I have stayed at the Old Presbytery. It is a lovely B&B in a nice quiet part of the town. They do a fantastic breakfast! It is not cheap, but it might be cheaper than a hotel.

http://www.oldpres.com/index.html

Most B&B's in Ireland cost around €30 to €40 per person, per night, so approx €80 for a twin room for one night. Prices might be different around Christmas.

Edited: 21 April 2011, 09:38
Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

We really liked Pier House B & B in Kinsale.

Across from the water, garden with front and back gates, very quiet at night, ICE MACHINE , and easy to walk to any pub or shop in town, or to piers with boats for whale watching

Indiana
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

I am staying at the Pier House Sept 2012 for 2 nights. Do you recommend any room more than another?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

Let me check my notes. I liked our room with the private balcony, because it was actually bigger than the room we looked with the view and the exposed balcony

It mean I could sit out there in my pj's :) I'll look for the room # I hope I mentioned it in my review here on TA

Ellen

Florida
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

It was room # 5 upstairs, just past the ice maching :) I checked my review from 2010

Ellen

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,494 posts
6. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

This might help you find the one that got away:

http://www.visitdublin.com/Accommodation

ireland-bnb.net/bed-and-breakfast/members/ir…

Not a huge choice of B&Bs in central Dublin; far greater number a little further out. However, you could look at booking in advance for a hotel and getting a good deal now.

One example here: Buswell's Hotel. Euro 78 for a double room; excluding breakfast. See Special Offers and Advance Purchase details:

buswells.ie/index.cfm/…advancepurchase.htm

Indiana
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

thanks, will contact the hotel to try and get the same room! And, we are staying 2 nights at the Pier House, then heading to Killarney for 2 nights, then up to Galway for 2 nights and finally spending our last night at the Dromoland Castle before flying out of Shannon. Haven't planned activities yet, won't get into Kinsale until mid afternoon on a Monday (driving in from Dubln) so we'll have 1/2 of Monday and all day Tuesday in Kinsale. Open for any suggestions at any of these locations

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
776 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

Try An Seanachai pub for Trad music. If you are lucky Trad Routes will be playing--Liam and Ger are great!! Enjoy

Portland, Oregon
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

We had a very pleasant stay at the Golden Gate B&B. The rooms were clean and comfortable ensuite. The breakfast was delicious and the owners were friendly and charming.

Mary Jo from Portland, OR

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
15,116 posts
125 reviews
10. Re: Dublin and Kinsale: Your favourite B&Bs, PLEASE

When visiting Dublin on two occasions, we stayed in Malahide. You can easily reach Dublin from Malahide, either by DART or by bus.

On our first trip we stayed at the Castle Lodge B&B at a rate of 40 euros per person per night. It was about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the DART station.

On our second trip, we stayed at the Pebble Mill B&B which is located outside of Malahide. The rate was 30 euros per person per night. It was a short, 2-block walk to the bus which takes you into Dublin.

I could recommend either property.

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale