We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Shannon airport

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
180 posts
128 reviews
Where to stay near Shannon airport

My husband and I will be in Ireland In August. We will have a 10 am flight out of Shannon. Any recommendations for a b&b for $150 or less?

Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
62,465 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay near Shannon airport

Here's a link to a similar question on the Shannon forum. (Like I said in my other response, you've ended up posting in the forum for Kinsale, nowhere near to Shannon Airport!)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g211884-i1767-k475…

Does it have to be a B&B? You can get a very nice room (suite, even) at the Oakwood Arms for that same price range. A great property very near to the airport.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
2. Re: Where to stay near Shannon airport

I always stay at either Headley Court or Bunratty Lodge. I have stayed at others and been disappointed. These two never disappoint. Both are approx 10 minutes from Shannon Airport.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,737 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay near Shannon airport

check out www.oakwoodarms.com it is wonderful...lovely rooms, great food, and wonderful staff....it is only about 5 minutes from the airport and just a 10 minute drive to bunratty....you could also attend the ceili at bunratty castle for your last night, can't find a better way to end a trip to ireland.....

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,256 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay near Shannon airport

The M18 puts Galway to the North within 1 1/2 hours of Shannon Airport, Adare might be the furthest South I would want to be. Ennis would be my personal choice of old and the Grey Gables is a nice B&B just in town. It is more a case of deciding where you want to spend your last night and then the accommodation options for that location.

5. Re: Where to stay near Shannon airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2012, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale