We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Horizon - any comments?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
Blue Horizon - any comments?

Not to be confused with Blue Haven (which is somewhat out of our preferred price range) ... Blue Horizon is both self-catering and a B&B. Rates are reasonable for our family of 4 > 105 euros, possibly because it is a bit outside of Kinsale itself. Clauds ... you have been wonderful with replying to my previous posts ... do you know anything about this B&B? (and yes ... plans have changed ... in an earlier post I was thinking of Clonakilty despite my brother's insistence that we MUST stay in Kinsale)

Perhaps there is a trade-off between paying a bit more to stay in town, exploring on foot versus being outside of town and having to drive. I also think that as a family (teenage daughter and 12 year old son) we all might enjoy being in the town itself - that is if I am not too late to make a booking.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Blue Horizon - any comments?

The Blue Horizon is out in Garretstown which is about a 15 minute drive from Kinsale. It's at the far end at the top of a hill. Sadly, due to the demise of Coakley's Hotel, there's not much happening out there at the moment (although it has been sold since and apparently approved for renovation). Pretty good beach there, though for a decent stretch of the legs or surfing but beyond that there's really nothing out there right now.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
2. Re: Blue Horizon - any comments?

thank you Marie. Just the insight I was looking for. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed for not being too late in responding to one of the B&B's in town.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,567 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Blue Horizon - any comments?

Sorry, I don't know anything about this place, so many thanks to Marie for her prompt reply to you.

Good luck with booking a B&B in Kinsale!

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale