We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
8 helpful votes
Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

Hi super-helpful forum community (I've had a lot of questions answered that I ought to have asked all at once! :) Anyone know approx how much should I expect to pay for a taxi Holguin-Gibara? (And back after two days...is the latter a problem or fairly easy to arrange? Need to continue to Santiago with Viazul...)

Thanks a lot

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
1. Re: Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

depends on your currency exchange rate,,, but in Canadian funds :) $100.00 should be the ceiling cost. at this time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

Perhaps book a Gibara casa and get them to arrange the return trip.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
245 reviews
248 helpful votes
3. Re: Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

Earlier this year, I paid $50 U.S. for a taxi from Hoguin city to Guardalavaca. Hoguin city to Gibara is a tad shorter of a distance.

Try for $40 U.S. or Euro. See what happens.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Price taxi Holguin-Gibara

Two weeks ago it was $50 US or 60 Canadian for a private taxi.

I do not know what a government taxi would cost.

It will be close to $80 to take you back to the Viaazul station which is on the other side of Holguin.

Some people take a collectivo to Holguin but they stop at the Gibara side of Holguin so then you have to find transportation out to the Viaazul station.

Prices increase almost weekly because of the gasoline shortage.

If you are going to take a taxi back to Holguin tell you casa owner upon arrival so they have time to arrange something

Nothing happens quickly in Cuba

Edited: 24 June 2024, 09:51
Reply to: Price taxi Holguin-Gibara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin Province
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.