We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Festival?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
February Festival?

Anyone who has been here during this time can you please let me know what to expect. We have just booked for a week starting Feb 7 at Caracol and the last time we went the end of Jan so it was quite quiet. This time we are taking our 4 kids (aged 14 - 24). Please let me know what i have gotten myself into...lol.

4 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: February Festival?

I don't know the exact dates for the Carnival this year, but it always starts around the 14th. So you will get only the beggening of the carnaval. It's mostly friendly competions between the hotels during the day (sports mainly) and at night, some shows and party. You have to get out of the hotel and in the street to get most of the action, so you can chose to participate or not.

toronto
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: February Festival?

Gengen is correct! I was at the Carnival this year and it was a blast!

Here is a brief synopsis of what took place:

They brought the carrozas from Camaguey, street parade, ferris wheel and childrens games area. They even invited Camaguey bicycle rick shaws to shuttle guests.

They had an open market (selling almost everything from clothes, souvenirs, music, and street food) outside of Caracol hotel between the entrance and the Rhumbo.

They also had competition between all 4 hotels animation where they bring distinguished judges from Camaguey and they judge the final showcase of each hotel.

Brisas had a gala night (which coincided on 14 Feb, valentine’s day. where they converted the main buffet restaurant to a food market (they had food stations serving unlimited lobster tails, shrimp, even salmon, whole roasted pig. and any kinds of food you could think of) Champagne was flowing. They had dedicated romantic tables for couples who were on honeymoon.

They even invited top performers animation team from other hotels such as Holguin, Covarubias, and as far as Varadero to come and stay and enjoy the week (mostly top performers from each hotels.

A famous band performed in front of the seafood restaurant between Caracol and Gran Club.

Brisas disco, Corona was the “It” place to be at nights with 2 story speaker towers, huge screens for video music and DJ competitions.

Hope this helps!

Leo

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February Festival?

Thanks for all the info...sounds like it will be loud, lol. We may only get the beginning depending on which days it is on.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February Festival?

told you so! bring the ear plugs! lol. carol e.

Reply to: February Festival?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey Province