When my wife and I were on the Big Island last June, we stayed in Keauhou. Had a good time, but agreed that on the next visit, we'd plan to stay somewhere along the Kohala Coast. As it turns out, the next visit will be sometime this summer. Yay!! But in looking for a condo/home in which to stay, I'm overwhelmed by the number of choices (220+ on TA alone). So I'm hoping you all can bring some focus to my search.
The only hard criterion is "walking distance to a good beach" (my wife), bonus if it has good snorkeling (me). Everything else is loosely:
- prefer low-profile to high-rise resort style;
- we'll be visiting our daughter in Kailua, so the shorter the drive, the better;
- would like two bedrooms;
- proximity to the beach is more important than an ocean view;
- not concerned about shopping nearby;
- but would like a couple good Happy Hour options.
We know rates along the Kohala Coast are higher than in Kona, and are willing to pay the freight to get what we're looking for, but hopefully not more than we have to.
Any and all recommendations appreciated!!