We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early break.

manchester
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Early break.

I have been to lindos for the last 12 years at various times of the year but with the children's holidays being early this year I am considering going over at the end of March and booking a villa. I know the weather won't be great but what's open and what is the weather like?

8 replies to this topic
Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early break.

Hi Chris. The weather in March is random but I'm betting it'll be warmer than Manchester ;-) Lindos doesn't really open up till after Easter which this year is the weekend of April 6th however some things will be open in the village. Also, the island is stunning in springtime - wild flowers everywhere, baby lambs and goats etc. Have a think about hiring a car if you are planning on renting a villa. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early break.

Hi there

I would also suggest checking that any accomodation has proper heating because in March it can be cold at night, the sea is also freezing cold, and I would look for accomodation with heated swimming pool too...but if you enjoy walking, visiting archeological sites then it’s a wonderful time to visit

manchester
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early break.

Thanks, does anyone know of any villas with heated pools in the lindos, pefkos vlycha area?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early break.

I doubt you'll get anywhere to stay with a HEATED pool anywhere in Rhodes.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early break.

Hi again

You are more likely to get a hotel with a heated pool rather than a villa...as vast majority of villas are used in the hot summer months

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early break.

Try Villaplus villas at Navarone Bay. Have swum there in March in a heated pool. Lovely time to visit.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early break.

As Sharklette says, Easter is the opening date for a lot of businesses. There are still places to eat/drink in March but choices are very limited in Lindos. In the village, Dimitris supermarket, Red Rose and Marios will probably be open and up on Krana, Ice Bar is open all year. Can't help with villas with pools but if the one suggested above is heated, I'd check it out as heated pools are a rarity.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Mario's Restaurant
Mario's Restaurant
434 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
188 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos Ice Bar
Lindos Ice Bar
393 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Early break.

Villas names are Castillo, Krystal and Kallisto.

Reply to: Early break.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lindos