We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
276 reviews
Save Topic
Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi All,

Many pilgrims were checking about decent accommodation at Pandharpur. Having just returned from the pilgrimage, I thought it to be prudent to share my experience ;

Vedanta / Videocon Bhakta Nivas - Decent and clean accommodation managed by Shri Vitthal Rukmini Mandir Trust. It is located at the walkable distance from the temple. A functional double room with attached (clean) toilet costs Rs. 300 /- per day (24-Hours check-in) whereas AC Room costs Rs. 950 per day. The car parking charges of Rs. 50/- per day extra. The staff is quite helpful. The only draw-back is food. However, there is a veg restaurant located in the proximity called Radheya, which serves delicious food at a reasonable cost (Rs. 70 / 80 per person).

No advance booking is possible and the rooms are allotted on first-come-first-served basis. However, one may phone and request them to keep a room on the day of your reaching the town. There is every possibility that the staff will oblige. The details of the facility can be seen on vitthalrukminimandir.org/images/Vedant1.pdf .

I was personally very happy with the arrangement.

CarLink

Vitthal Rukmini Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Kaikadi Maharaj Math
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Pundalik Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Vishnupad Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
13 replies to this topic
Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi- I am going with my elderly parents. Is it possible to book rooms there?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi Rajlaxmi,

Normally they do not take advance booking. If you are travelling on a week-day (with no Ekadashi or any major festival) and reach in the morning hours, you will get the accommodation. Please schedule your arrival at Pandharpur in the morning hours.

In case, you do not get accommodation there, please try Gajanan Maharaj Dharmashala in the adjoining compound. They too have decent and clean accommodation at reasonable price, which is also available on spot-booking basis.

Secondly, please arrange to book your darshan online. The facility is available free-of-cost.

CarLink

A S
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

@CarLink :

Is this Pandharpur Online darshan booking still valid? Get website not available error.

The link provided forr online-darshan booking at Pandharpur is :

http://117.218.176.81/qms1/BookingMaster.aspx

Also if one is reaching Pandharpur in the night [ coming from Siddhatek] , sounds like these accomodations may not be available? What other options [ Around Rs 1000 range is fine]?

Also we plan to be there Dec31st night meaning Darshan if possible that night and/or Jan1st morning.

Would there be a lot of crowd that time ?

A S
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Also since we plan to visit end of Dec, how is weather ?

Based on other posts here, with surroundings being not kept clean and mosquito situation in some of accomodations [ as reported by some posters], trying to understand which hotel/accomodation option will be better around that time and whether regular non-AC rooms should be fine?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

1. You may consider staying at Hotel Aishvarya (Tel No. 02186 224 450) of Hotel Shamiyana (Tel : 02186 222 411 / 225 527). They are located near ST Bus Stand and quite decent hotels. Though may be little out of budget. Regular non-ac room should be fine but my experience says ac rooms are little cleaner than non-ac. Choice is yours.

2. Please book the darshan online on http://117.247.89.131/qms1/BookingMaster.aspx . The booking is possible one month in advance. This will save your lot of time and stress. Being Christmas Holidays, you can expect a lot of pilgrims during this time.

3. The mornings will be very cold and you will need to carry warm clothing.

Should you need any further assistance let me know.

CarLink

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

The link is valid I did make a proxy attempt. The booking will open 30 days in advance.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi as we are planning to visit pandharpur from shirdi, We are going to take KPG to SUR by train, it would reach 4.30 AM Saturday morning. That time any buses are available to pandharpur. Also if we reach by 8 AM in the morning whether any accomdation available for budget cost..... Any experience people please let us know.......

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

How do i book room

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

No advance booking is possible. The accommodation is allotted on first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability,

CarLink

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hello. we are planning to arrive on Ganesh Chaturthi day (Aug 25) for 2-day stay in Pandharpur. First question is Whether for darshan on Ganesh Chaturthi day, advance booking online 1-month in advance is allowed or not? Secondly, can we try to do darshan booking on consecutive days also with same names, etc?

Reply to: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pandharpur