We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
276 reviews
Save Topic
Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi All,

Many pilgrims were checking about decent accommodation at Pandharpur. Having just returned from the pilgrimage, I thought it to be prudent to share my experience ;

Vedanta / Videocon Bhakta Nivas - Decent and clean accommodation managed by Shri Vitthal Rukmini Mandir Trust. It is located at the walkable distance from the temple. A functional double room with attached (clean) toilet costs Rs. 300 /- per day (24-Hours check-in) whereas AC Room costs Rs. 950 per day. The car parking charges of Rs. 50/- per day extra. The staff is quite helpful. The only draw-back is food. However, there is a veg restaurant located in the proximity called Radheya, which serves delicious food at a reasonable cost (Rs. 70 / 80 per person).

No advance booking is possible and the rooms are allotted on first-come-first-served basis. However, one may phone and request them to keep a room on the day of your reaching the town. There is every possibility that the staff will oblige. The details of the facility can be seen on vitthalrukminimandir.org/images/Vedant1.pdf .

I was personally very happy with the arrangement.

CarLink

16 replies to this topic
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi,

It is advisable to book the darhan online. Additionally on the second day, you can seek darshan without booking. Normally, most of the local population will be busy with their domestic Ganesha Pooja, I do not expect the Vitthan & Rukmini Mandir to be crowded on these days.

CarLink

1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I tried for call and got confirmed room.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Thanks for the feedback.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Your review was very helpful in planning our trip over there. I was a little concerned as, elders from our family are travelling there alone. Thank you.

Save Reply
15. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

We are 4 Sr.citizens coming on Sunday morning. Can we book room?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur

Hi,

You may try at Vedant / Videocon Guest House or Shri Gajanan Maharaj Bhakta Nivas, where no pre-booking is done but the accommodation is provided on first-come-first-served basis. Since this is "Aadhik Maas", please expect a large queue at the temple.

CarLink

Reply to: Decent Accommodation @ Pandharpur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pandharpur
;