We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Shark Friends"

ottawa . ontario...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
"Shark Friends"

Hi Trip Advisors, Can you give me information on Scuba Diving with "Shark Friends" Diving?

is it on the beach at the resort were you can book dives with them?

Do you know the what you can see on the dives, how deep are the dives and the prices $ of the dives?

I have just Got my Open Water Certifacation with Paddi

Thanks for any Help with these Questions!

Bobby :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Shark Friends"

Shark's Friends is adjacent to Brisas hotel right on the beach. Check out this site, not sure if the prices are up to date, but will give you an idea.

www.wowcuba.com/wowcuba2/articulo.php…

It also says flight to Holguin or Las tunas, but of course you can fly into Camaguey and it's an hour and a half bus ride to hotels in SL

Edited: 23 July 2012, 10:40
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Shark Friends"

Sorry, meant Ciego de Avila, not Las Tunas, heat is melting my brain.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Shark Friends"

I went on a few dives with them a couple of years ago. The highlight dive is the shark dive where they hand feed bull sharks while you basically lie on a sandbank. There is a wreck on this dive too and it's not very deep, maybe 15m but I'm not exactly sure. Probably not the ideal dive right after getting your certification but after a few you might want to try it. It is an experience though bull sharks can be very aggressive.

There's a lot to see diving in this area. Another memorable one for me was a deep dive where we say several rays. It was about 130' though, which is deeper than I like to go. I didn't know ahead of time we were going to go that deep.

You can talk to them in the shop and see where they are going but make sure you are comfortable. I went with a friend once and she had never dove. They gave her an intro in the pool and then we went on a shallow dive. She popped up a couple of times but still enjoyed it. The DM was trying to get her to go on the shark dive after that which would have been a really bad idea given her lack of experience.

Montreal/Halifax
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Shark Friends"

They have all kinds of dives. You can also buy packages and they have night dives. Just check your equipment (reg vest and palms) properly and bringing your own is even better. I had a great time diving with them.

The Shark dive read 22 meters.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
501 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Shark Friends"

I'm looking ahead for a trip in january and this area sounds pretty good for diving; it seems more interesting than Cayo Coco or Holguin where I have dived a few times now. Just a couple of quick questions to those who have been- how intact is the 19th century wreck? Also, it mentions on the webpage that the sharks in the area are migratory, does this mean that the shark diving is seasonal and only available in the Fall?

6. Re: "Shark Friends"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations