We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PM Grocery Shopping

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
PM Grocery Shopping

I went back quite a few pages and didn't see anything posted on this so I thought I'd ask. My family is renting a house in Sept and I'm wondering where the best place to grocery shop for the week is. When we've stayed in Puerto Aventuras in the past we've always stopped at the Walmart in Playa, but since we don't have to go down that far, and since I prefer to support local businesses, I'd love to be able to shop in PM if prices are reasonable and groceries are fresh. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

midwest
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PM Grocery Shopping

There is a small grocery store on the square, with the basics (bread, lunchmeats, eggs, coffee, snacks, cereal, canned goods, sodas, beer, wine, liquor). There are also smaller stores scattered throughout the town selling beverages and snacks. There is a weekly produce market beside the church on Wednesday mornings, and several permanent produce markets across the highway in the Colonia. Most afternoons you can buy freshly caught fish from the fisherman's coop next to the grocery store.

If you want a big supermarket with lots of choices, you'll need to go up to Cancun or down to Playa.

(by the way, no need to page through the forum looking for particular info--you can search the forum by putting "grocery" or whatever in the search box...)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PM Grocery Shopping

We use cancunvalet.com for our transfers from airport to condo. They are going to stop off at the Superama (ran by Wal Mart) for us after leaving the airport. It is $35/hour for us to shop while they wait for us outside.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PM Grocery Shopping

Casa Martin (the small grocery store mentioned) ended up being perfectly fine for us. Definitely not the hugest selection, but more than enough -- it forced us to be a little creative, which was great. Also they do have a small produce room in the back -- we thought it was a pretty decent selection actually, fruit and veggies, but you can also go into the colonia across the highway and find some really great produce markets.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PM Grocery Shopping

Thanks so much for your responses!

5. Re: PM Grocery Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:17