We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London Ontario
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Only 9 days until our trip and the packing has started!!! We have booked two junior suite rooms with Ocean Turquesa by H10, however we decided not to upgrade to priviledged. Can anyone tell me if there are DVD/CD players in the rooms? Also do the rooms have alarm clocks? I've read that the Coral rooms are in the 1 -6 numbered buildings and the Turquesa rooms are in the 7 and up buildings - is this correct? Any info would be appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Hi - we were there the first week of Dec. We had a great time. Click on this to see my detailed review. tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d1128…

There was no alarm clock in the room but the cable TV box showed the time, and we used the wake up call service twice. We booked Coral and were put in building 7 - so not much help there. Our room was great. (I can send you a resort map if you PM me your email). There were NO DVD/CD or Ipod docks. Oddly enough the hotel management did not comment on my review, but has commented on almost all others.

Anymore questions - feel free.

Cheers!

Edited: 29 December 2011, 10:48
London Ontario
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Thanks for the information. Just thought it would be nice if we could listen to music when we are showering and getting ready for dinner, etc. Almost all other resorts we've been too has a DVD/CD player in the room.

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

we were in building 9 on the 4th floor. ok room. no alarm clock or clock was in our room. if you are traveling with kids, you may or may not like the bathroom layout, not much for privacy if showering or using the toilet and getting dressed. also the ceiling fan runs on a sensor during the night, it shuts off and on per movement in the room. I found myself flapping my arms around to get the fan to come back on during the night. hope you have a great time...

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

I loved the OCT when we were there in October. Try to get building 7 if possible.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

anyone know which buildings are for Privilege guests?

Saint Paul...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

My wife, 12 year old daughter and I will be at OCT soon as well, from 1/4 - 1/11. Thanks for all of the helpful information.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Ocean Coral is buildings 1 through 11 and Turquesa is 12 up to 21(?). Privilege rooms are concentrated around buildings 1-7 with the privilege lounge in building 7. But there are also privilege rooms in at least bldg 17 on the Turquesa side.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Thank you, Cuba.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

Mark B - We will be there at the same time. We have a 13 year old boy and 15 year old boy. Maybe the kids can hang out together...

Saint Paul...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Turquesa by H10 vs. Ocean Coral by H10- Junior suite

We will look for you and are hoping for a great time.