We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

We want to show up in our swimsuits with a coverup. We're looking for a place that is simple, but awesome fresh seafood, hopefully cooked over wood. It has to be a place where locals go, as those "divey" places are the best! Any ideas?

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

La Playita, On the beach, sand floor and the best fried whole fish and other seafood around.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
542 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

La Pepita is local and awesome! Not directly on the beach but the floor is sand!

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
112 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

I second La Playita, and I like El Merkadito even more. We got stuck at La Playita in a rain storm and had a great time. It's hard to pass on the tincup margaritas at Merkadito. Have fun.

Michigan
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

I third La Playita!

5. Re: Where to eat the best fresh fish on beach for lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 00:16