We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving through from SF to Carmel, best lunch spot?

Birmingham, Al.
Level Contributor
125 posts
35 reviews
22 helpful votes
Driving through from SF to Carmel, best lunch spot?

Hello, we'll be driving down from SF as far as Carmel then heading over toward Yosemite. I'm trying to decide on the most iconic lunch spot either waterfront or if there is a "not to be missed" place in the whole area of Monterrey & Carmel. We are driving down just to see the area and a piece of Big Sur while close by. Could possibly go a little further beyond Carmel if recommended but have reservations about 2 hours inland going toward Yosemite that night. Cuisine doesn't matter as we are open to most everything. Wanted something unique or representative of the area.

12 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Al.
Level Contributor
125 posts
35 reviews
22 helpful votes
11. Re: Driving through from SF to Carmel, best lunch spot?

I looked to rebook but the price is double what I originally had ($300 to $600 now) plus I've already built the remainder of the trip and don't have the energy or time to rework it now. We may come back to spend a week in the Carmel/Big Sur area early next year.

Edited: 28 September 2018, 14:19
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
79 reviews
50 helpful votes
12. Re: Driving through from SF to Carmel, best lunch spot?

>>We may come back to spend a week in the Carmel/Big Sur area early next year.<<

That works!

Reply to: Driving through from SF to Carmel, best lunch spot?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted