We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

Hi,

I've received some good advice here and am considering changing my itinerary. We have 5 nights total. I was going to do 2 in san fran, pick up the rental car and do 2 nights in Monterey and then 1 more night in san Fran before flying out. Some have suggested 3 nights in san Fran and then last 2 in Monterey. My question is.. our flight (domestic) leaves at 10:05 am.. what time would we need to leave Monterey to safely make the flight if we went this route?

Thanks again so much to all of you for the advice!

4 replies to this topic
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

The night before.

Traffic between Monterey and SFO can be horrendous at the time of morning you would need to pass through.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

That's what I was worried about. I'm now considering reworking the whole itinerary and going straight to Monterey when we get in (11am) and spending the first 2 days there and last 3 in san fran

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,186 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

Going straight to Monterey and then visiting SF after makes a lot of sense.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
21,584 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?

>>I'm now considering reworking the whole itinerary and going straight to Monterey when we get in (11am) and spending the first 2 days there and last 3 in san fran<<

That makes more sense. Otherwise you'd have to leave Monterey at o'dark-thirty... ugh!

Reply to: Monterey to SFO airport in the morning?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted