We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon Creek Falls

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Salmon Creek Falls

If I wanted to take my family on the apparently easy hike to see Salmon Creek Falls, where would I park the car and how much time do you think we should allot? Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20,222 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

The roadside parking area (very small):

https://goo.gl/maps/p78bhTgxdEB2

If full, you may need to find a nearby open area that is deem safe to park your car.

More info on the trail to view the falls:

https:/…

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

As noted above, or just park on the shoulder of the road. It will be obvious when you’re there because if the other cars. I’ve never spent more than 30 minutes there. It’s pretty, but the walk in is very short and it’s a small area to explore.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,196 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

Salmon Creek Trail is tucked inside one of Big Sur's wide turns. There is unpaved parking north of the trailhead. I expect the creek and waterfall are dry at this time. I've only hiked up to the base of the waterfall, which isn't far from the highway, so I don't know how long the full trail would take to hike. Just be very careful climbing up and back down.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
4. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

Thank you.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

The falls run all year round, there will be less flow at this time of year. It is a beautiful area and a short hike to the base of the falls. There are boulders to climb around and you can swim in the pool at the bottom. I know there is a way to the top of the falls, but haven't done that part of the hike. There is alot of poison oak around the area. It is easier to spot this time of year as it is a bright red in color. Remember "leaves of three, let them be!"

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
6. Re: Salmon Creek Falls

Good to know thanks!

Reply to: Salmon Creek Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted