We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scilla to Cefalu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
678 reviews
Scilla to Cefalu

I've bought tickets to get from Scilla to Cefalu and it all makes sense ie describes each leg including the Traghetto 5MV leg from Villa S. Giovanni to Messina but the tickets also say that "Sea Travel not included".

I had thought we could possibly jump on one of the IC's from Naples to Palermo like the 730 and just stay on board but that doesnt seem to be an option on the Trenitalia site

If I have to pay for the sea leg it's not a big deal, but I'd just like to understand what we need to do when we get to VSG if anyone knows the drill please.

2 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,596 posts
1. Re: Scilla to Cefalu

Yes, you need to get to VSG, and the train would load on the ferry.

Vagabonda

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
678 reviews
2. Re: Scilla to Cefalu

Thanks Vagabond.

Just to be sure - we are currently planning to be on the Regionale 22739 that leaves Scilla at 0907 and gets to VSG at 0914. Are you saying that this train goes straight on to the ferry at VSG so all we need to do is stay onboard? And that we don't actually need to buy a separate ticket for this section? The "Sea Travel not included" note on the ticket is a bit misleading then!

I think the itinerary requires us to get off at Messina Maritime and walk for some distance to Messina Central for the next leg.

I know coming back the other way that we can get on IC730 at Milazzo and just stay on board all the way to Naples so I was also wondering why you cant to that the other way - or cant you join that train in Scilla? It doesnt come up in the search on Trenitalia so Im guessing not.

Reply to: Scilla to Cefalu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Messina