We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay

lincolshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay

Hi to anyone that can help, we are coming to Sydney in September, we’re there for 5 days,but have already sorted 3 days of things to do .. but wanted to do the Bondi coastal walk and Watson’s bay ( the gap/ lighthouse) but wanted to know can I do these both in a day and if so how do I get from one to the other ( transport) we are staying in the Rocks by circular quays ... wanted to know which one was best to do first, if they can both be done on the same day ... hope I’ve made sense ..lol

Thanks

Tracy

13 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12,119 posts
34 reviews
11. Re: Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay

WB to Bondi Beach is a 7km walk partly along the cliff top overlooking the ocean and past some lighthhouses.

If you have all day then start with ferry to WB, walk to South, Head, The Gap and then head to Bondi (lunch there). Then continue along the coast to Coogee for afternoon meal at the Coogee Pavilion with bus home.

Or in reverse but check ferry timetable for WB to CQ.

wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
40 reviews
12. Re: Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay

I have done this dozens of times with visitors and I prefer to do it in the opposite direction. I would take the 373 bus to Coogee and walk to Bondi Beach - have morning tea/lunch then take the 380 bus to Watsons Bay.

Walk out to South Head and the lighthouse and then back to the wharf area for drinks or a meal in Watsons Bay before taking the sunset ferry back to the quay.

lincolshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
13. Re: Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay

Hi that’s great thank you for the information

Tracy

Reply to: Bondi coastal walk and Watson bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted