We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Hi,

Can I please get some pointers on shuttle companies doing transfers? We are a party of 5, travelling one way on 15th December 2013.

I have seen shore tours and shuttlemate online. Any feedback on these or other companies gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

If you are doing a P&O cruise or maybe a Princess Cruise (Sun, Sea or Dawn) then they will probably dock at White Bay and if that's the case, the only shuttle will be run by the cruise lines as far as I'm aware so you would need to book through them.

If your cruise docks at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at The Rocks / Circular Quay, again only the cruise line will run shuttles but you certainly have more transfer options here including train and taxi. I guess you could take a public bus too but that's not something I would want to do apart from the fact it's going to take longer than a train or taxi, you'll more than likely have to change buses (I'm guessing the latter as I haven't looked at the timetable).

12. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 22:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Kris (with a K).............reported

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Hi is it worth paying the extra to Royal Carribean for transfers from Sydney airport to cruise terminal (domestic) or just as easy to get a taxi?

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Is it worth paying the extra for transfers from airport to cruise terminal or just as easy to get a taxi?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

I guess it depends on how many there are in your party. If there's more than 2, then I think a taxi would be cheaper - based on my understanding that a cruise line transfer is $20 pp.

Edit ... if your RC ship will be docked at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at The Rocks / Circular Quay, you could catch the train from the airport terminal to Circular Quay for around $16 pp and then a flat easy walk close by to the ship. Escalators and elevators are at Circular Quay railway - same at the airport terminal.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 22:18
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Some taxi.s will rip you off last one we got cost 80

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

Bit short on detail, blondie. $80 would be a bargain for me to get home.

If you're going to exhume a dead thread to complain, at least give some details that might add some credence to your tale.

19. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 19:05
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Transfer from Sydney Airport to Cruise Terminal

$60 for what is, essentially, a taxi service, sounds very expensive. From either White Bay or the OPT,a cab wouldn't cost anywhere near that.

>>(no unsuspecting extra trip to increase fare).<< When does that ever happen?

Do I sniff the odor of self promotion? A necropost nearly 2 years old recommending a service?