We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

I've been told that you can have a red panda encounter at Symbio Wildlife Park, but I haven't found much about it on the tripadviser forums. Their website shows it, but no one mentions it in the reviews. I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of experience you get to have, and is it worth the trip from Sydney. Thanks!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

just google - but they are not the same as Chinese pandas - again google for image

symbiozoo.com.au/behind-the-scenes-encounter…

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

Oh I know what they are. They are my favorite, and I would love to hold one. But the Symbio Park site just says an encounter is feeding them so I wasn't sure if you actually got to hold them or just stick your hand out and let them eat from it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

Taronga Zoo breeds the red panda but no touching (probably due to rarity of animal).

taronga.org.au/news/2014-06-04/taronga-welco…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

I expect that the wording differences between the encounters are quite deliberate - others say "touch", red pandas are "interact".

Perhaps email the park with your question?

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

I have emailed them, but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it as well. Thank you all for your replies!!

6. Re: Red pandas at Symbio Wildlife Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2016, 02:15