We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane to Cairns

east sussex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brisbane to Cairns

My daughter flys into Brisbane and then needs to travel on to Cairns. If she stays for an overnight stay, where would you recommend

(she early twenties and travelling alone) ?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

just get a flight directly to cairns.

saves a boring road trip and would be not that more expensive.

look at www.webjet.com for fare comparisons but book directly with the airline.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,136 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

Definitely just fly from Brisbane to Cairns. If she has to stay overnight in Brisbane there are plenty of accommodation available. Check wotif.

wotif.com/hotels/australia-brisbane-cbd-hote…

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

o ok, now i get it.

LOL

thought she wanted an overnight between brisbane and cairns.

oldheimers setting in.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

Depending of the time between flights, I would suggest staying somewhere around the Southbank region (Mantra or Rydges). This area is easy to get to via Air-train from the Airport. Southbank Parklands is a nice place to have a wander around if you daughter has time and there are plenty of dining options available.

If you daughter is only looking for a bed for the night close to the airport, try the Novotel Brisbane Airport, I think they offer an Airport shuttle service.

east sussex
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

Thank you, she has said she wants to get a direct flight to Cairns but after flying from England I thought she should rest. She has never travelled before let alone on her own (never tidied her bedroom before) and so I am slightly anxious.She isnt a planner and so I know she could get a flight direct to Cairns but have no idea how long that flight is. Oh roll on June 2013 and she'll be home. Thanks I will look at the info.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

imo it would really be best to keep going.

brisbane to cairns around 2 1/2 hours.

u gotta let go at some time, mum ;-)

Edited: 26 April 2012, 04:35
australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

Hi Lily,

What time of day does she arrive?

Has she got someone to meet her in Cairns?

Will give my thoughts when have those answers..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

I think Cathay Pacific fly from London - Hong Kong - Cairns - Brisbane on certain days. To fly to Brisbane would be putting an extra 2 hours or so on the flight from Hong Kong. It really isn't worth it to come back on yourself.

There should be plenty of other options from Asia to Cairns - BA fly to singapore then codeshare with Qantas which may be another one.

9. Re: Brisbane to Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:43