We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive from Cairns or Port Douglas/Cape Trib

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dive from Cairns or Port Douglas/Cape Trib

Going to Cairns in November for about 5 days, planning on renting a car and driving to PD for the majority of the time... where is the best place to dive from? I'm basically only planning on staying in Cairns the night I arrive there and the night before I have to fly back to Sydney, if needed I could stay in Cairns an extra day and dive from there.....

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive from Cairns or Port Douglas/Cape Trib

As no one has answered your topic before now, I'd suggest looking at the left hand side of this forum titled More on Cairns, "things to do" and there is good advice and reviews about dives from Cairns.

On the Port Douglas forum, look under the same heading for Port Douglas.

It may assist you in making a choice.

Hope this helps.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive from Cairns or Port Douglas/Cape Trib

Six of one, I would suggest Cairns saves a lot money but if going to Port anyways. Try for particular reef sites..Not sure of PD but heard Nursery Bommie is good. So google and see who goeS there. the best diving is on a liveaboArd like Mike Ball, Spirit of Freedom, Pro Dive. Many day trips mainly cater for the beginner so go to easy sites so the destination site is more important than the departure location.

3. Re: Dive from Cairns or Port Douglas/Cape Trib

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 00:17