We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming from the UK, advise needed.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
coming from the UK, advise needed.

I would love to visit and see the great barrier reef, however our time is restricted for the months of travel ie june - sept, so these are my queries.

If we fly from london , would it best to stop over in singapore, KL or bkk ( done both sin and bkk before)

What is the weather like - i dont want it to be cool.

i think into cairns from the uk its a flight to brisbane, what would be the best and quickest/cheapest route from say singapore.

what is the best place to stay for the ocean i fancy hamilton island (pricey) or whitsunday hotels.

many thanks

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: coming from the UK, advise needed.

just to add ive looked at a few hotels and prices seem ok around 100-150 pound per night so i think thats a reasonable budget, id book hotels def before arriving, just got to work out the best flight connections and we wouldnt drive.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: coming from the UK, advise needed.

I do not think Cairns is what you want. It is an adventure destination to experience world heritage listed natural attractions, not resort destination really, though they have Port Douglas not a young surfy scene at all. .

I do sense you want Aussie beach scene. The Gold Coast has variety for every taste. Bryon Bay is the Head office for European traveller seeking Aussie surf experience. then NSW has a zillion beaches.

best time over our summer.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: coming from the UK, advise needed.

SL,

Further to this..If you do decide to take the option as promoted by the lovely Verdant, you might like to have a squizz at Air Asia's web site.

They have some heavily discounted promotions on, currently, and direct flights to the Gold Coast (and Melbourne/Perth etc.) from KUL are as cheap as chips....but you have to be quick methinks.

I managed to score 2 x KUL - ORY returns (for mesself, and the leader-of-the-opposition, at home) for less than $A900.00 all up. Bargain.

Cheers mate

Rick

Cairns & a few other delightful joints.

14. Re: coming from the UK, advise needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 01:17