We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
538 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

We are staying in Palm Cove. Any suggestions on some things to do? We will spend a day seeing the great barrier reef. Happy to go on organised tours or take ourselves as we are hiring a car. Any help would be great.

JessieAnne

Mentioned in this post
Palm Cove
Palm Cove
Cairns Region, Australia
Seabob Jet Australia - Reef Magic
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Perentie Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

I replied to your earlier post... but .. as someone who in the past 12 months has done this trip with four teenagers there are plenty of things to choose from. Our did a dive trip (resort dive and some snorkelled) to the reef, we took a river trip on the solar boat, we spent a day picknicking and swimming in Mosman Gorge, we went Jungle Surfing in the Daintree, we drove into the hinterland to look for waterfalls to swim in, we did Kuranda, jet skied and swam at the beaches. That was more than enough :)

Wait until you get there, visit a tourist office, grab a bunch of flyers and have a team meeting each night in preparation for the next few days. That way you'll have flexibility with weather.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

Are the kids boys or girls?

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
538 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

Hi, My son is 16 and my daughter is 14. We leave in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

4. Re: How do I entertain 14 & 16 yo early dec for 6 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2011, 01:16