We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Tours

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for Tours

Hi All,

My daughter will be studying in Cairns next semester and I wold like to get her a gift certificate for some type of tour event, or activity for Christmas. It need not be in Cairns but in the general area. I am intersested in something to do with the Aboriginal Culture or a reef excursion. Can anyone recommend something that they have first had experience with?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Seabob Jet Australia - Reef Magic
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Perentie Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,046 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Tours

I'd give her a gift certificate for a snorkeling trip out to the reef with Wavelength. Wavelength is actually located in Port Douglas, but they offer transfers from Cairns for an additional fee.

Having gone out with Wavelength about 5 times, I can wholeheartedly recommend them. This is a snorkel-only boat that carries a maximum of 30 passengers, so you can get some personal attention and aren't out snorkeling with the masses. If your daughter is a first-time snorkeler, they'll be great for her. (I went out once with a friend who was a first-time snorkeler, so I have first-hand knowledge.) And experienced snorkelers have a fantastic experience too--that's why we keep going out with them!

If you do a search of "Wavelength" on this site, you'll read lots of rave reviews. For more info, you can check their website: www.wavelength.com.au

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Tours

Thank you! I will check it out.

3. Re: Suggestions for Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2011, 00:17