We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning about Adventure Island Tours

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
128 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Warning about Adventure Island Tours

Still on the road in Tasmania, but wanted to let everyone know that if they book with this organization to confirm the day before. I received an e-mail confirmation on the Saturday before our Thursday tour. We had the entire day scheduled for the 11-hour Port Arthur Tour, and they left without us. Scheduled for an 8 a.m. pick-up. Called at 8:15, and the woman who answered said the driver was probably running late. She called back in 5 minutes and said he did not have us on his manifest and had already left. Other than suggesting that we take the trip the next day (which we couldn't do), she made no other suggestions (she did say we would get a refund, which seemed minimally appropriate). About 5 minutes later, I called the office back thinking we could take a taxi to the first stop on the tour, which was about 20 minutes from city center, and no one answered the phone. So we missed Port Arthur all together. All the other tour companies had also already left for the day. Perhaps if we had called tto confirm the day before (even though we had written confirmation), we could have saved this. Consider the whole affair very unprofessional. Don't usually post until we return, but didn't want anyone else to get caught like this.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,593 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning about Adventure Island Tours

Yes, it does sound very unprofessional. :(

I hope the rest of your trip goes better.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,791 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning about Adventure Island Tours

Sorry to hear about your missed trip, and I agree it does sound unprofessional. I too hope you enjoy the remaining part of your trip, and I'm sure all will go well.

Safe travels - Robert

3. Re: Warning about Adventure Island Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:17