We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & toddlers

singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Weather & toddlers

Hi all , I`m gonna be in Melbourne for about 2 week 0ct 16-nov 2. I`m going to be based in Berwick . Is the weather hot now ? And any activities to recommend for my 2 year old toddler ?

cheers & thanks in advance

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Weather & toddlers

Not at all by Singapore standards. Our summer doesn’t start until December, although you may get an odd hot day here & there.

The thing is, if you are going to be in Melbourne, be prepared for changeable weather. There’s a saying that it can be 4 seasons in one day - and that’s pretty right.

Have a look at www.bom.gov.au or Eldersweather.com.au for forecasts & past patterns.

Edited: 13 October 2018, 23:19
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
12,503 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Weather & toddlers

Make sure you bring outfits that can be layered. I think you would be in Jeans/Jacket most days, but you may get a couple of t-shirt days, and you will also probably get some wet days so have rain coats for everyone too. I really like to bring light scarves with me when I travel to Melbourne - very easy to adjust your clothing temps that way.

Cheers.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Weather & toddlers

The weather today has no bearing whatsoever on the weather you will experience during your stay in Melbourne. On any given day during a 2 week period at that time of year you could experience almost any conditions. And over that period you are likely to experience a number of different weather conditions, and possibly a number of different weather conditions within a single day, as noted above

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Weather & toddlers

My favourite activity in Melbourne, but only on Sundays: https://www.dvr.com.au Great for adults as well as kids (I've been there on my own twice in the last 2 years!)

These websites might help, too:

http://www.melbourneplaygrounds.com.au

https://tothotornot.com

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
304 reviews
5. Re: Weather & toddlers

As mentioned, it shouldn't be as hot in Melb when comparing to Singapore but I would suggest that you take care to avoid sunburn. As you will probably be more outdoors whilst holidaying, make sure you load up on sunscreen, even though you feel cooler than in Singapore as the Australian sun can be very harsh. Have a great time in Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
678 reviews
6. Re: Weather & toddlers

Agree with all of the above re: changeable weather- be prepared!

There's not much in Berwick- you'll most likely need to move around a bit to find things to visit... there's probably some indoor play centres around there and some nice parks that would be ok for toddlers.

singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
7. Re: Weather & toddlers

Thank you so much for the great advice guys ! cheers!

Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Weather & toddlers

Gregs3071, I love your answer hahaha

Reply to: Weather & toddlers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted