We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic experience in Napier

Sydney, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic experience in Napier

Spending our 20th wedding anniversary in Napier and I'd love some suggestions for romantic/ couples experiences. A place for dinner would be nice but I was hoping there would be something that we could do during the day that would be quality bonding time (the kids are staying with Grandma!). Scenery, history, wine, nature all good, not so much into jumping out of perfectly good aircraft or off bridges. All help appreciated!

1. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 19:05
New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

Hi Deb, first question would be your budget? Have you already booked accommodation or do you need 'romantic/anniversary' suggestions? What time of the year?

Accommodation : The Crown Hotel @ Ahuriri which is in the hub of cafes and restaurants; book a balcony room with ocean views. Or google Mangapapa Petit ; County Hotel in Napier (book spa suite).

You could look into wine tour including lunch during the day ; or if summer time perhaps a bicycle wine tour or book chauffeur wine tour in limo or google Hooters classic car hire Napier. Lots of wineries have cafes/restaurants featuring local produce etc.

Restaurants for romantic dinner : Pacifica on the Marine Parade ; County Hotel ; The Mission winery ;

Come back with any questions!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
817 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

I had a lovely dinner at Elephant Hill winery a couple of years ago. It was cheaper and nicer than Terroir, Craggy Range and nicer and more intimate than the Mission winery. It is still getting good reviews but on the minus side it is about a 15 minute drive from Napier. IMO the setting and food made that drive worthwhile.

We stayed in a mid range hotel - The Scenic Te Pania and it wasn't fabulously luxurious but was pleasant and good value for money.

Hope this helps.

4. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:07
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

Thanks! We have booked the accommodation at the Country Hotel. It will be the end of September, round the 24th. While our budget is moderate, I'm prepared to splash out if something really good comes up. Wine tour would be a must have for us. Would I need to book restaurants in advance?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

Hi Deb, I wouldn't think you'd need to pre-book restaurants for mid week in September unless you have your heart set on a particular restaurant! Most restaurants will have at least a sample menu on their websites.

If the wine tour is a must, there are several options available to you - a do it yourself tour (not much fun when one of you has to be driver!) or join a group tour or do a chauffeur style tour.

To assist with your budget, have a look at www.grabone.co.nz - they have all kinds of deals for meals and attractions throughout NZ.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 21:16
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
691 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

I don't know if you'd consider it romantic, but the view from Te Mata Peak is great

www.newzealand.com/int/feature/te-mata-peak/

…govt.nz/en/…view-from-te-mata-peak

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

Thanks, this is just the detail I was after, and beautiful views are perfect for something romantic. Wonderful help.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 06:23
9. Re: Romantic experience in Napier

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 03:15