We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

We will be spending two days and 1 night in the Blenheim region in February and are planning to visit some of the vineyards and generally enjoy the atmosphere. Hoping to stay at a vineyard and I wanted to ask if anyone had stayed at the Vintners Retreat and/or the Walnut Block Cottages and could give advice on preference, location, atmosphere, pros and cons etc.

Also, if based at either one of these locations, would it be possible to walk to 2-3 of the wineries? Current plan is to drive to a few of the ones further away and then then return to the base (either Vintners or Walnut Block) , leave the car, walk to the nearby wineries and be able to enjoy some of the wine.

Any experiences, thoughts, comments etc are very welcome!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

Can't help you on accomodation etc but did you come across Nestorcua's trip report regarding the Marlborough wineries? Here it is for your info;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k8996…

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

I have stayed at Vintners Retreat in a 2 bedroom loft apartment and it was excellent. Fully equipped kitchen and laundry, bar b q on the patio, lock up garage, lounge and 2 queen bed bedrooms.

The nearest winery was 5 minutes walk away and lots of others within a short drive. Highly recommended.

Oakland, Calif.
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

We stayed Walnut Block on Jan. 28-31. It was the high point of our trip. We had dinner at Vintner's and although that was nice, you honestly can't beat the privacy and the seclusion you feel at Walnut Block. Clive and Helen were very nice and welcoming. The cottaes are barely a year old and we felt like we were the first people to stay there. Lots of luxurious touches. Even the bathroom tile floor is heated!

I'll be posting a review whenever I get a chance, but wanted to reply in case this reaches you before your trip commences. Have a great time...Marlborough is awesome!

4. Re: Blenheim: Vintners Retreat Suites vs. Walnut Block Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Blenheim