We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking near Dunedin

Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking near Dunedin

Will be visiting family in Dunedin for a week towards end of february, and are very keen on doing some day hikes/ tramping from our home base. Any suggestions ?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking near Dunedin

Dunedin has a good range of walking tracks www.dunedin.govt.nz/facilities/walking-tracks

I'm sure your Dunedin family will know the best to suit you.

Enjoy :)

dunedin
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking near Dunedin

If day walks is what your after there are plenty of great places near Dunedin to check out a, few off the top of my head are: Tunnel Beach, The organ pipes (Mt Cargill), The pyramids at Victory Beach, Sandfly Bay and Sutton Salt lake . These are all fairly family friendly walks that are good to walk one way have lunch then return.

A good book is "Dunedin Tracks and Trails" by Antony Hamil.

Hope this helps

dunedin
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking near Dunedin

Hi a few good day trips are:

Sandfly Bay, Tunnel Beach, The Organ Pipes at Mt Cargill, The Pyramids at Victory Beach and Sutton Salt Lake.

A great book is

'Dunedin Tracks and Trails' by Antony Hamil

Hope this helps

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
114 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking near Dunedin

I agree with Marc, Get a copy of Antony's book It really covers the options.

5. Re: Hiking near Dunedin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 05:21