We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naked Bus ????

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Naked Bus ????

Hello All,

We are thinking of using Nakedbus for :

1> Milford Sound trip - 119 NZD

2> Queenstown Sightseeing Tour - 43 NZD

3> Queenstown to Christchruch - 50 NZD

Wondering if anyone

1> Used Naked bus for these trips? How was it?

2> do they takes stops ( for sightseeing) during the

'Queenstown to Christchruch' journey ?

3> Will we get any discount from nakedbus if we book these 3 trips for 4 adults together?

Thanks

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Naked Bus ????

We used the Naked Bus Co for our trip to Milford Sound. We had a coach with a glass roof, and I think most companies use those type of coaches. Very good value for 119 NZD. Hope you get the same driver as we did, unfortunately I cannot remember his name. He was full of knowledge which he put across in a great way, and he spoke with such passion for what he was doing and the facts he could tell. There were loads of stops with plenty of opportunities to take photographs. He made the beautiful trip even more awesome for us. But whoever you get I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip, wish we could be back there.

Enjoy your holiday.

Margtee

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naked Bus ????

I have used Naked Bus Queenstown to Milford on several occasions for my work in Fiordland. Some of these coach drivers have the best informative and entertaining commentaries on offer, for the area. Their passion and knowledge would make many of the other tour companies blush with inadequacy.

Ankara
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naked Bus ????

I travelled between Queenstown and Christchurch on 2 February 2013 with my wife and daughter and the lady driver who drove between Queenstown and Tekapo had arrogant and bossy attitudes towards the passengers.

Moreover she drove like crazy chasing another bus for about 10 minutes before overtaking it. She had no sense of timing at the stops. Her 10 minute stop was lengthened to 20 minutes because she was having her coffee and sandwich while everybody was waiting for her on the bus. etc.

The bus was extremely uncomfortable with broken and non-reclining seats, no Wi-fi, no curtains for the sun etc. This low quality coaches can only be found in the 3rd or 4th world countries.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND NAKED BUS TO ANY BODY. Pay a little more for other coach company and travel comfortably without being harassed by the arrogant driver.

Ankara
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naked Bus ????

I travelled between Queenstown and Christchurch on 2 February 2013 with my wife and daughter and the lady driver who drove between Queenstown and Tekapo had arrogant and bossy attitudes towards the passengers.

Moreover, she drove like crazy chasing another bus for about 10 minutes before overtaking it. She had no sense of timing at the stops. Her 10 minute stop was lengthened to 20 minutes because she was having her coffee and sandwich while everybody was waiting for her on the bus. etc.

The bus was extremely uncomfortable with broken and non-reclining seats, no Wi-fi, no curtains for the sun etc. This low quality coaches can only be found in the 3rd or 4th world countries.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND NAKED BUS TO ANY BODY. Pay a little more for other coach company and travel comfortably without being harassed by the arrogant driver.

5. Re: Naked Bus ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 02:17