We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best camper rental rates?

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
best camper rental rates?

I'm hitting Queenstown on the 15th of April and I'm flying from Auckland on the 10th of May. I've been doing quite a bit of research into renting a camper for that time and it's proving somewhat difficult. There are two of us travelling together and I'm happy to shave a few days off the rental time in Queenstown and Auckland. So far Jucy seems to be the best offer at $30 a day but then $25 a day on insurance on top of that!! All in all working out at $1300. Can anyone help me from their experience?? Any good deals that I'm missing??

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best camper rental rates?

As you have discovered, a campervan is not budget travel. In addition to the higher daily rates and insurance costs, there is also increased fuel costs and the nightly campground fees - you are not able to pull off the road and camp where you please http://www.camping.org.nz/ Plus have you checked the cost of taking the campervan on the ferry to Wellington?

If looking for a budget holiday you would be best to rent a car and stay in backpacker hostels. Most hostels have private twin or double rooms (many with ensuite bathroom) if you don't want to share a dorm. You will find your costs considerably reduced and the driving on our often narrow, twisty and steep roads far easier.

Best of luck :)

2. Re: best camper rental rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:41