We (Early 30’s couple) are thinking of staying in Ballarat for 4 days and another 4 days at Melbourne. But yet, worried 4 days at Ballarat is too much?
Need your advice how to spend 4 days at Ballarat without boring.
Mid-August, Friday Morning reach Melbourne Airport and have a quick breakfast.
- 12noon: Take Shuttle Bus to Ballarat (2x$34)
- Once reached Ballarat, Buy MYKI card for both of us. (Not sure which amount MYKI to buy yet)
- 2pm: Check-in at Hotel
- 3pm: Go to Ballarat Visitor Information Centre and Buy 4 attraction ticket from there (2x$112)
- After 3pm not sure what activity to do. Any recommendations? Thanks!
- Visit Sovereign Hill by taking public Bus.
- After 5pm come back to hotel by public Bus. Any other activity recommended after 5pm? Thanks!
- Visit Ballarat Wildlife Park by taking public Bus.
- Possible to visit Kryal Castle by public transport? Or is there any shuttle bus available?
- Not sure how long each of the above three we could spend. Then come back to hotel by public Bus.
- No Plan yet.
- Kindly advice if we could visit some other interesting places by taking public transport from Ballarat.
- If there is no option then we have to rent bikes and go around Ballarat City.
Day 5 – Ballarat to Melbourne & Visit Geelong Waterfront by V Line.
Day 6 – Visit Puffing Billy by V Line.
Day 7 & Day 8 – Great Ocean Road & Phillip Island Day Tour.
Thanks in advance for your inputs :)