We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sovereign Hill Tickets

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Sovereign Hill Tickets

Hi,

I have read in reviews that there could be long queues at the entrance, so if I pre-purchase the tickets online, is there an express queue or do I join the general queue? And do I book the mine tour during entry?

Thank you for any response from the experts!

6 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

When are you planning to visit SH? We are taking the grandkids there next weekend to see the "Winter wonderland " display I would be able to check this out for you when we visit SH and post a reply on our return.

This link may have more info for you www.sovereignhill.com.au

Edited: 08 July 2016, 23:43
Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
2. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

Hi,

I am planning to go in November. Do you happen to know whether the Family Gold Accommodation package offers the same VIP Pass that could be purchased without a package, or it is just a normal ticket with a mine tour and photograph?

Thank you so much!

Edited: 09 July 2016, 01:44
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

I just had a look at the link I provided details of the inclusions for family gold accommodation packages are listed just click on the accommodation link also the link for ticket prices has information on the inclusions for family gold passes.

I also noticed they have a sale on accommodation packages at present with savings of nearly $100 for a family package the SH website has more details.

Edited: 09 July 2016, 02:00
Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
4. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

Thank you for the link! Will take a closer look at the options again!

Wish you have a wonderful time with your grandkids next weekend! :)

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

Tickets for the Mine Tour are bought at the Mine Hut, which is about 150 metres up Main St. When you can see the poppet head (big wooden tower thingy), the Mine Hut is just there on your left. Even if you have a VIP ticket, you need to book your Mine Tour at the Mine Hut, not at the front entrance. It's recommended you go and do this first thing, as Mine Tours sell out on a busy day. Having said that, November is unlikely to be busy.

Queues at the front entrance are generally long during Victorian school holidays, and often on public holidays or weekends. Weather plays a big part in this - more people will visit if the weather is good. I generally arrive at 10am (opening time) and it takes no more than 10 minutes to get in, even on a weekend with lovely weather.

I don't know if you can skip the queue with a pre-purchased ticket. I used to be able to do this with an annual pass, so you probably can. Ask at the Blood on the Southern Cross desk when you arrive (on your right as you walk in the entrance foyer).

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
6. Re: Sovereign Hill Tickets

Loki_crazycat,

Thank you for the very useful information!

Reply to: Sovereign Hill Tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ballarat
More Ballarat Topics