We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

Hi everyone

I will be traveling alone to Maafushi next week since my companion cancelled the trip and therefore no one with me to keep my purse and passport while doing watersport.

Anyone can advise on a way to keep my valubales dry and safe?

I will really appreciate any reply

Thanks all.

5 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
530 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

I would suggest leaving your passport and purse at your hotel in a safe. Just take the cash/card you need for the day with you you can buy small waterproof bags/purses online for this purpose.

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

Thanks alot for the reply Subadai.

Have you did that before cause it is my first time traveling alone and I am a bit worried.

london
Level Contributor
530 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

I don’t think you have any other options. Your hotel will almost certainly have a secure safe or room safe to leave valuables perhaps you can contact them to ask?

When you are out and about just take enough cash for the time you will be out and get a waterproof plastic container you can take in the water with you to keep it dry.

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

If you are out and about, you really don’t need anything on u at all - even cash. Lock it all up. If going for a snorkel you can take your room key either in some sort of pouch around your neck or just hide it somewhere outside your villa. Safe as houses really.

london
Level Contributor
530 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!

Hi Asif

The OP is visiting a local island so not the same as a resort

Reply to: Advise required to keep my valuables safe!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maafushi Island