We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

First time visitor to DR-- We've decided to forego the AI in PC and try Las Terrenas. Narrowed down the hotel to Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas and Hotel Alisei. I've seen a few posts regarding Alisei, but not much on Puerto Plaza LT (looks like a yacht). Are both on/near the beach? Walking distance to restaurants/bars? Dream vacation for us would be LOTS of beach time, a few excursions and eat/drink to our heart's content :) Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas
Dominican Republic
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
11 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Hotel Alisei is on the beach, Puerto Plaza is in town so could be noisier, about a block away from the beach. Do a google earth view and you’ll see the location of each which might help in making your decision. If you want beach time, I would think Alisei would be your better option but haven’t stayed at either.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Alisei is a great choice on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
631 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

We have been in many rooms at Puerto Plaza on a tour when it opened. New and modern with a roof top pool, lounge area. Really just steps away from everything. Very unique place to stay. Allise is our go to place and we stay there a couple times per year. This year we booked for a month starting Saturday. Knowing it is off season and not busy with long sunny days on the beach we love. You cannot go wrong with either choice. Alisei has room service and swim up bar. Puerto Plaza is steps away from town and close to all the great places to eat.

Forego the AI was a good decision when you at Las Terrenas the best part is the beach, shops and great places to eat and drink

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas
Dominican Republic
Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Thank you for all of the great responses/recommendations!! I finalized my plans and made reservations with Alisei : ). Super excited! I will continue to check out this forum for restaurant ideas, getting around town, etc. Learning so much!!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Yay Marta K! Please report back and let us know how you liked it. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Yay Marta K! Please report back and let us know how you liked it. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Edited: 26 April 2018, 15:54
Toronto
Level Contributor
631 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

We had a lovely visit to Puerto Plaza yesterday and splashed around on the roof top pool. The rooms were nicer than I remembered. Especially the two story rooms. The pool and swim up bar at the Alisei is still our favorite. Today is a long weekend. We had the pool to ourselves all week. Now it is getting very busy until Tuesday again. Even the roads in town were busier than usual

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Alisei
Hotel Alisei
597 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Beach just down from El Portillo was very busy yesterday and today..Labour Say weekend I think. Maybe see you tomorrow Drewboy.

Toronto
Level Contributor
631 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

Good morning Dets, The beach at Las Ballenas was so crazy busy yesterday with parties and BBQ's that we are going to metal detect it today. We will likely come to El Portillo on Wednesday. Hope to see you again and say hello. Is Portillio very busy this week ?

For anyone who was her last year, the price of food in town for meals out has gotten more expensive. Also, Happy Hour, two for one drinks is no longer seen. But Mojito's bar - restaurant has reopened on the road side with same great food. And, there is a new Poutine place across from the fish market run by Ana and her husband which is very affordable.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas

YEs, maybe see you tomorrow. It is does not seem as busy this week as last but busier than I expected it to be.

Reply to: Hotel Alisei vs. Puerto Plaza Las Terrenas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted