We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Bars

3 posts
Beachfront Bars

Hi everyone, new to this forum so i'm sorry if this has already been asked.

I went to LT a couple years ago, and loved the beachside bars, but I heard that a lot of them were damaged from Hurricane Irma, (like Mojitos) - so my question is:

Are any of the bars and restaurants still situated on the beach?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
656 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Beachfront Bars

The bars on that stretch of beach where Mojitos was are all gone and the Govt would not let them rebuild on the beach side of the street. Mojitos did reopen at a new location on the same stretch of road, but on the road side. Still great food. That beach is Punta Popi..However, the fishermans villiage where One Love is, still stands on the beach and those bars and restaurants are still open. Also, there are some great beach bars past one love on Playa Ballenas that are feet in the sand type bars. Like Eden, Colibri, Solymar, Blanca etc.

One year ago next week is when the Hurricane went past. Everything else is back to normal. We return in less than 2 weeks and cant wait.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
104 posts
2. Re: Beachfront Bars

Agree with Drewboy.

There are still a lot of beachside bars - some directly at the beach (like the Fishermans village), some with the road in between, but I would still call it on the beach. Along with Cabarete, Las Terrenas has the best options to have low-priced drinks directly on the beach. :-)

Best regards

Your Dominican Expert

3 posts
3. Re: Beachfront Bars

I'm definitely going to have to give those bars a try, definitely one of my favourite things when I first went to LT was relaxing in a hammock by the beach,

glad there are still options - damn shame about that Hurricane, but i'm glad that some of the businesses are back on their feet.

Enjoy your trip!

3 posts
4. Re: Beachfront Bars

Never been to Cabarete, how does it compare to Las Terrenas?

Loved my experience in LT so much that I wanted to go back there, and didn't give other options a chance, definitely need to explore more of the Dominican Republic

Cheers

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Beachfront Bars

Ja N....we are like u but opposite. Have been to Cabarete 8 times and love it there and now wanting to explore Las Terrence. Hope you do experience Cabarete ..you will not be dissapointed😁

Reply to: Beachfront Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Las Terrenas