We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Samana Airport?

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Samana Airport?

I am flying in to Samanda airport tomorrow(Sun 14th) wondering what the best deal you think I can get for a taxi to the El Portillo

39 replies to this topic
england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

Try toursamanawithterry - he posts the weather on this forum - he did us a deal about £80, with up to four passengers, he will sort it out via paypal for you as well, or pay in cashUS dollars preferred.

Our experience of the cabs at the airport is that they are more expensive than the prebooked arrangements but all cabs are expensive in this area.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

I believe the taxi drivers at the airport will take $50 to Las Terrenas including the GBP El Portillo, which in itself is extremely overpriced, any more than that is absolute robbery. Lets hope the OP comes back after her trip to share her experience.

Miami, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

Im an expert at this! Considering I have a house in LT and frequently have people renting taxis from the airport to Las Terrenas. The best price you will get is $180 one way. Ypou have taxis at the airport. Also consider renting in a car in Santo Domingo for $50 per day for an SUV. The taxi will probably be a minivan that can sit 6 adult with luggage. If you would like a recommendation of a driver, I will be more than glad to offer Nino's contact info.

I hope this helps!!

Carlos

Las Terrenas...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

180$ is the price from Las Americas (Santo Domingo) to Las Terrenas.....

From Samana airport you should pay around 1800 pesos wich is about 50$ US dollars....

toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

Taxi into La Terrennas is US $50 there ar taxi's at airport after in bound flights

Samana
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

TAXI SERVICES IN SAMANA - SAMANA AIRPORT TRANFERS

There is a nice guy in Samana Town called " Zoilo Quezada " who is a professional taxi driver with a nice modern minivan, he speaks really good english and can be totally trusted since he also works for the Ministry of Tourism.

This guy is very reliable to go exploring the Samana Peninsula or for Taxi Transfers to all Airports in Dominican Republic.

Paying in both US Dollars or RD Pesos should be no problem at all with him.

You can Google him up or check him out on the Tourism Website of GO SAMANA on the section of General Informations.

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

How much do the private taxi services charge from El Catey Airport to El Portillo in Las Terrenas? We are looking at options....thanks.

Samana
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

I believe they are charging $85 USD for the Whole Taxi Service no matter how many persons you are in your group, and you get to take the brand NEW HIGHWAY called "Boulevard del Atlantico" that take you in about 25 minutes directly at your Hotel El Portillo in Las Terrenas.

( The Pay Tolls represent about $12 USD and it's included in the price )

Samana
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

This might be faster, i have found the 2 e-mails from those professional taxi drivers here in samana :

Zoilo Quezada

fivestars-taxisamana@hotmail.com

Emilio De Los Santos

optima-taxisamana@hotmail.com

Both of them speaks English.

Furthermore, if you "Google" their names you will find more personal information about them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Samana Airport?

I am interested to hear what others have to say on this as well.

Reply to: Taxi from Samana Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted