i stay at Sydney..and new to Australia.. don't own a car as of now...Me and my wife (both 29-30 age) want to see snow...no skiing..only enjoying the nature on a short weekend trip to snowy mountains..
most of the forums i got dated back to 2013-14 or 15.. and almost everybody talking on driving to snowy mountains.. I was searching for someone who made a trip using public transport.. a cost effective trip yet a enjoyable one...kind of a backpacker weekend trip to snowy mountains to see the snow..
All..i got from net is.. Jindabyne is a big town near snowy mountains where we can get to by train from sydney... from there.. Thredbo and Perishers are two major destinations for skiing and snow... there is a beautiful train which runs in snow called snow tube from bullock flat to perisher to blue cow...
0. can anyone help in planning a backpackers weekend trip?
1. ticket pricing from sydney to jindabyne train?
2. ticket pricing of snow tube?
3. where to stay? jindabyne? thredbo or perisher or somewheree in between?
4. any recommended cheap accomodations?
5. cheap eats? we both are vegetarians..
6. what all places to see..