We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

We've seen some good and some bad reviews, but we're still keen to go to the Punta Rotja Hotel for 2 weeks. We're an early 30's couple looking for scenery and relaxation but also bars and restaurants nearby. Is this the place to go, or not..?! We've been searching for a hotel anywhere in Europe for the past fortnight!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

This hotel is very isolated but in an attractive, but not beautiful location.There is a good beach (sometimes with seaweed on it) with excellent views out to sea and across the bay to Cala Bona and Cala Millor. It is popular with German guests. You would need a hire car, as well before 2 weeks were up at your age even though you would have relaxed, you would be stir crazy. For what you are seeking you do not need to look outside Majorca as it has resorts to suit all requirements. Would you mind my recommendations?

Taking in order your requirements as scenery/relaxation/nearby bars & restaurants/your ages may I suggest you look at:-

Hotel Playa Camp de Mar, Camp de Mar.

Hotel Miramar, Puerto Pollensa.(Sea view rooms essential).

Other resorts with nice scenery/beaches are Cala d'Or and Porto Soller but I have no personal knowledge of their hotels to make recommendations. Plenty of info on TA though.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,115 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

I have stayed in Cala Millor/Cala Bona many times. The Punta Rotja Hotel is in the worst position of any hotel, one isolated hotel, nothing nearby except 2 cafes/mini market. Miles from the main resorts, and the beach is just awful, no decent one in walking distance either. I would not go even if it was a free holiday.

London
2 posts
3. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

I have been going here for 15 years and own a house opposite eurotel now. Costa de Los Pinos is the Beverly Hills of majorca and is a very exclusive quiet area (The spanish Royal Family have a house here)

opposite the hotel are thyree cheap but good restaurants where we normally start our evening before getting a 7 eoro can to Cala Bona a couple of miles down the road. there is a beautiful harbour here and loads of bars & restaurants but is an early evening place. After that we walk in cala Millor which is the adjoining town and much busier. here there are at least 10 nightclub/bars that open until sunlight and beyond.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

Yes Swan but by your own admission there is nothing there as you have to taxi to Cala Bona/Millor for a fun night.The late Harry Secombe(RIP) had a villa there too. I have been there in winter when the hotel is closed down-it is like DESOLATE.No I would much rather stay in Cala Bona or Cala Millor nearby.An isolated fortnight at Costa de los Pinos would drive me crazy.Hope this doesn't degrade the value of your property there.

London
2 posts
5. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

I hear what you are saying but I think that Cala Millor/Bona is too hectic during the day. The long beach nect door to the Eorotel is great and the lunches at the bar there are fantastic. In Cala Millor there are too many people on the beaches and in the cafes during the day. I prefer to spend my daytimes in the relaxed atmosphere of the Costa whilst knowing that within 5 minutes I could be in the hurly burly

6. Re: Are there bars and restaurants nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Costa De Los Pinos
Recent Conversations