We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

Westbury, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

My husband surfs a long board and is not bringing his own board. We know which beaches are the surf spots but which are better for a long board. Also since he will need to rent a board which surf shops have the best selection for a 9' - 9'5" boards. Also might he have to call to reserve in advance. We will be in Rincon May 4-9. Thanks for any suggestions

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

I don't think there will be much large wave action during May. Surfing season in Puerto Rico is during the winter months.

Westbury, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

He knows they aren't big now but looking to ride about 4-5 ft where it isn't shallow or a shore break and is just better for a long board.

Brielle, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

no problem renting boards. Bobby Dozer at Mar Azul rents boards http://www.puertoricosurfinginfo.com/

Westbury, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

Thanks my husband is going to contact there. Do you know which spots are better for riding a long board?

Brielle, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

there won't be much wave action, but if there is. Stick to the local breaks. Marias, Domes, Sandy, Parkinglots. Just ask Bobby Dozer when he gets there. You don't know until your there.

Westbury, NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

Thanks my husband is going to contact there. Do you know which spots are better for riding a long board

Thanks for the help. We will be watching the surf reports.

7. Re: Surfing- Best spots for a Long Boarder and Board Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Rincon